JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Retro wifey, mommy to a princess, editor, PETA fanatic, and I Love Lucy!

Sunday, November 24, 2013

"CHANGE" WILL ALWAYS COME....

As I was cleaning my 4 year old's room this week, it occurred to me all the things she has and how things have changed since I was her age.  And there is no such thing any more as "age appropriate," because the kids today are way smarter than I was at their age.  I thought I had it GOOD growing up.  But when I look at what my daughter has, I am rethinking the word GOOD.



When I was growing up, this is how it WAS:




 This WAS the spices on the table!












This WAS your IPod!








  This WAS Sat and Sun morning!







 This WAS a big screen TV!





       This WAS the Food Network!












                    This WAS outside!











  This WAS what you did on a rainy day!






 This WAS a computer!





This WAS your Phone and your Internet, all in one!













 This WAS the house you wanted to live in!











 This WAS cable! (Roughly 5 channels)!










 This WAS Friday night funny!







 This WAS REALITY television!







This WAS MTV!





                            This WAS BET!










This WAS the school bus!

When I was growing up, I watched this with my mom probably 100s of times, and I am pretty darn sure she thought this was ALL impossible...


              Who knew???







After reflecting on my childhood and my daughter's childhood, I have decided that parents give what is the "BEST" at that time.  My parents did.  My daughter has a Kindle, a laptop computer, an InnoTab, a Leap Frog, and a flat screen TV with 1999 channels.  I am giving her the "BEST" that I can.  And I am not sure how she is going to top this when she has kids, but I sure hope I am around to see it! 


1 comment: