JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Retro wifey, mommy to a princess, editor, PETA fanatic, and I Love Lucy!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Here's To A Brighter Year in 2013!



 I'm just gonna say it, 2012 sucked!  Well, at least at the Camel Mansion it didIt seemed like month after month it was one thing or another around here, and no, not like winning the lottery or anything super fantastic.  It seemed like this "big black cloud" was just dangling over our house all year
 (see what I mean)??

 All we can do is pray, pray, and pray some more than 2013 is a much better and brighter year.  


I know I am still blessed more than some, and I should be so thankful when I think about the horrible tragedies of 2012 such as the Sandy Hook murders, Hurricaine Sandy and those hit so hard on the east coast, the unimaginable deaths of friends and loved ones close to MY heart, and so much more.  

I have the love of my family, therefore I feel I should not complain.  On the other hand, love doesn't pay the bills :/

Today, we have decided, as it is a New Year, that we MUST make it better for 2013.  For 7 months, my husband was out of work and that took a HUGE toll on everything in our household.  He was doing side jobs, but that just doesn't cut it when you have bigger responsbilities than those jobs can pay.  He has now found a job that he really enjoys (ASU), yet the hours that he is gone is not so fun for me, him, or Destini. 


During which, at this time, I myself have been putting in grueling hours at my job to help get us caught up. 

Destini's medical issues, in the process of being worked up for autism (not to mention she is already an epileptic), is the BIGGEST stress of it all.  Yes, even over the finances!  She needs so much of our time and attention, yet it's at a time where both Mr. Camel and I need to work, work, work to stay afloat for her.  So now, the mommy and daddy guilt begins....
  
The start of things for 2013 are already looking much brighter than the start of 2012, so we will continue to work hard for HER and continue to thank our Lord and Savior that I have more fortunes in my life than I know, or at least so many things that I should give blessings for that I forget how lucky I am to have.

So, with that said, may we ALL have a Happy and Healthy New Year!
  
 SIDEBAR:   
 I didn't forget to do a Christmas Blog, I just plain got too busy, and after that, just plain lazy





video


 



 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! 2012 really was a rough year for you. It was fine for us until 3 months ago when my husband lost his job and then 2 weeks later so did I!!!! We have been struggling ever since but keeping a positive attitude. I am a firm believer that things happen for a specific reason, even if we don't understand it at the time. Hang in there, Judy, brighter days are coming!

    ReplyDelete