JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Retro wifey, mommy to a princess, editor, PETA fanatic, and I Love Lucy!

Monday, October 3, 2011


HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY,
DESTINI....








THE BEST PART OF THE DAY
FOR THE KIDS WAS THE JUMPER/BOUNCER!
OF COURSE...

PRESENTS, PRESENTS, PRESENTS...

CLOTHES AND SHOES, THAT'S A GIVEN;
AND ALWAYS A BLESSING...

A NEW FLAT SCREEN FOR HER BEDROOM!

DISNEY PRINCESS BEDROOM SET AND CHAIR!

BECAUSE SHE IS A POLO KINDA CHICK!

AND SO MANY, MANY MORE!

Thank you all who came to share Destini's day! 


And now, of course, mommy is going to get sentimental.  My gift to you, Destini, that couldn't be bought with money....

Two years ago today, we were at the hospital anxious for your arrival.  What would you look like?  How big would you be?  Will you bond immediately?

We picked your birthday, Oct 3, 2009.  We knew for three days in advance that you would be here on that day, unless of course you had other plans.  Those few days felt like a year!!  I am not sure we even slept those nights.  We left for the hospital at 5:30am Oct 3, 2009.  Nine hours later, you arrived!  You were perfect!  Seeing you for the first time was unlike anything I had ever experienced in my life!

The next two years have flown by.  I was holding your new baby cousin (lil Rome) today on your birthday and I remember when you were that little.  WOW!  Like it was yesterday!  Where did the time go?  When did you start becoming so independent?

I remember saying at your 1st birthday, "look how big you are."  And during that year, we watched you transform from our little baby girl to a little toddler.  No more bottles.  No more pacifiers.  No more crib. 

Now, today, it is your 2nd birthday!  I have no idea what is in store for us this year, but I do know mommy and daddy will be with you every step you take. 

I am struck with such different emotions as you get older.  But I think the BEST emotion that sums it up every day, week, month and year is that...

I LOVE YOU





3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday sweet girl!!!!

    Hey! I am your 100th follower from bloggy moms! I would love a follow back! www.becauseidontscrapbook.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! She is so adorable, and I love her cake!!

    BTW, I am follower 101 and I found you on bloggy moms! Would love for you to follow back :)

    http://southerngirlramblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter!

    Danielle
    http://daniellepender.com/

    ReplyDelete