JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Retro wifey, mommy to a princess, editor, PETA fanatic, and I Love Lucy!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

IT'S SUMMERTIME...GOODBYE SODA, HELLO ICE TEA!

In our house it has always been 
Lipton Tea!
Mom and Dad were from the south, so mom boiled her tea bags to make ice tea, and I have to say there is a difference in that and sun tea.  She made sun tea too, but not very often...

For me just the opposite, I make more sun tea than I do boiled tea... 
When Summertime comes around, or anything over 100 degrees here in Phoenix, whichever comes first, it's time to bust out the jars and make some
Ice tea!
Since I don't drink ice tea year-round, I was really looking forward to this...
Cheers my friends....Here's to over 100 degrees, I mean Summertime....









3 comments:

  1. My mom always made sun tea and I always loved it! Thank you for the reminder...I'm going to make some too!!!! We drink a lot of tea year round at my house, hot and iced. I might rack up some cool points with my daughter and the sun tea! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi im following from Bloggy mums stop by and say hi at http://avonladyinbirmingham.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Following you from Bloggy Moms - I forgot how much I enjoyed sun tea - think I'll do it tomorrow!

    Follow me back at www.insightfulmommy.com and twitter @insightfulmommy

    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete