JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Retro wifey, mommy to a princess, editor, PETA fanatic, and I Love Lucy!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

IT'S A "TWO-FER"

I am a sucka for a kitchen gadget, pots and pans (and have brand new ones which I still haven't used), even silverware.  Other favs are my cast irons!

But the one item that is so useful, a "two-fer," if you will, is definitely my indoor grill/griddle!  Yes, I've bragged in the past about this kitchen charmer.  If it's shiny and I can cook on it or it fits my "kitchen life" perfectly, I buy it! And sometimes hubby just don't feel like grilling outside or he gets home from work too late...

Check this out, by night it's a GRILL for family dinner:
PORK CHOPS

Add a little Velveeta Mac n Cheese and some Black-Eyed Peas!

DINNER IS SERVED!


Then, turn it over and by morning it's a GRIDDLE for family breakfast:
PANCAKES

Cooked some sausage and,

BREAKFAST IS SERVED!

The one thing I am not aware of is whether or not it works on an electric stove.  I have a gas stove!  As you can see, you use two burners at the same time.

Now tell me about your favorite cooking utensils, pots, pans, or whatever it is that makes your kitchen a "Must Have?"


3 comments:

  1. Now I want pancakes. And I'm going to make them for dinner : ) New public follower here from Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop. Nice blog. I would appreciate you following back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I would also appreciate if you would like me in facebook http://www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose and in twitter @DeniseLillaRose. I always follow back. Just leave me a note so I know you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my stove top grill also, supper useful! Your pancakes look yummy, mine never look that great :) New follower from blogger moms on GFC and networked blogs, have a great rest of your weekend! You can find me at
    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a great cook, so it's interesting for me to see what others use, and maybe one day I'll be brave enough to buy some nifty kitchen gadgets like this one! Any advice would be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete