JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Retro wifey, mommy to a princess, editor, PETA fanatic, and I Love Lucy!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

In HER Own Words...

MUST read this first!


After all the BIG stink I made about "Two And A Half Men," it's crazy about what we see on TV and what is going on behind closed doors.  Don't get me wrong, I still stand by my stance that the show must go on!

I am not sure we can compare Roseanne to Charlie.  We ALL know for a fact if Roseanne had left the show, there would have been NO show!  I am not saying their cast wasn't one of the BEST, but the show was called "Roseanne."  "Two And a Half Men" might be able to survive for a couple of seasons.  But really, how many more seasons was Charlie really going to be able to take the show either?  We'll never know now will we, but I do know one thing I love Two And A Half Man and I am a FAN! 


After reading (I told you to READ IT FIRST) Roseanne's article in a NY magazine last week, it got me to thinking back to the show and remembering that probably around Season 3, I realized ALL WOMEN took a big jump forward in being, shall we say a little more "assertive in decision making."  Every woman wanted a "Dan Conner" as a husband.  "Yes Dear, No Dear."  I mean that is the way the show went, it was Roseanne's way or the highway!  Some men would say Dan was a pushover, a wimp, or whipped.  That's so not true.  That's NOT how I saw it at all.  It's a middle-class man supporting his middle-class wife's decisions and knowing that she has the BEST interest of her family first!  Why change what works?  I myself being an "Alpha Female," understands! 

The sad part is why did she have to fight so hard for any credit due her?  It's NOT just a man's world anymore in Hollywood!  Better recognize!  Watch out men, now there's a Tiny Fey out there....

I recently found myself following Roseanne on Twitter.  My first twitter to her was:
"LUV YOU SO MUCH..THINKING ABOUT BEING YOU WHEN I GROW UP, IF I'M WORTHY♥"


This morning I got a "ReTweet" from Roseanne with her usual wit and sense of humor: 
"NAH, JUST GET A JOB WITH BENEFITS!"
Thanks for the "ReTweet" Roseanne, my day is now complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment