JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Retro wifey, mommy to a princess, editor, PETA fanatic, and I Love Lucy!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

A DELICIOUS "MEATLESS" MEAL!

ME AND HUBBY BOTH COME FROM "MEAT LOVING" FAMILIES; ME, MEAT AND POTATOES; HUBBY, MEAT AND RICE.   ONE THING WE BOTH AGREE ON, THOUGH, IS PASTA!  AND THE COOL THING IS, WE ARE RAISING DESTINI TO LOVE ALL THREE!

WE EAT MEAT JUST ABOUT EVERY NIGHT OF SOME KIND, WHETHER IT'S SOME KIND OF RED MEAT TO CHICKEN TO PORK CHOPS, ETC.

I DECIDED TO MAKE A "MEATLESS" DINNER FOR A CHANGE.  I WASN'T TOO SURE HOW MR. CAMEL WOULD FEEL ABOUT THAT BUT, HE LIKED IT!  THOUGH NEXT TIME HE WOULD LIKE SOME HOMEMADE MEATBALLS!  YEP, AGREED!  I TOLD YOU, WE ARE CARNIVORS!

BUT AGAIN, IT WAS A GREAT MEAL, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A VEGETARIAN!  IT'S ALSO SO SIMPLE AND SOOOO SEMI-NOTHING-HOMEMADE!  YEA, IT'S JUST BEEN LIKE THAT LATELY AROUND HERE, BUT THAT'S FOR ANOTHER BLOG!  I'M JUST BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!

TO START WITH, I FOUND SOME WONDERFUL THINGS AT THE GROCERY STORE...



        
YOUR CHOICE OF PENNE, ROTINI, AND ELBOWS.  THEY COME IN 3 SEPARATE BAGS, THAT COOK IN 3 MINUTES!  LITERALLY!  BOIL IN A BAG!


NEEDED SOME SAUCE, BUT DIDN'T FEEL LIKE MAKING ANY HOMEMADE, SOOOOO THESE ARE WHAT I FOUND.....YES, I BOUGHT BOTH!

Sun Dried Tomato
Basil Pesto

SORRY, DON'T HAVE A COUPON :(






AFTER I PUT ALL THAT TOGETHER, I THREW SOME GARLIC BREAD IN THE OVEN!  

I ALSO MADE A GREEN BELL PEPPER, PURPLE ONION, AND SWEET CHERRY TOMATO SALAD WITH ITALIAN DRESSING!  OH, AND CROUTONS ON TOP!

TA DA...

I CHOSE THE BASIL PESTO!


3 comments:

  1. Hi! Following you from FNF blog hop!
    Hope you visit me and return the follow!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. new follower from MBC.great blog.pls follow back.http://ninakema.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a great quick dinner!

    New to following you from MBC!
    Danielle
    www.DaniellePender.com

    ReplyDelete