JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Retro wifey, mommy to a princess, editor, PETA fanatic, and I Love Lucy!

Friday, May 27, 2011

CAMEL FAMILY'S FAV PLACE TO EAT!

Everybody has a FAV place that they like to eat at.  I'm NOT talking about your fancy schmancy places or your favorite drive-thru food or pizza joint, just your average neighborhood friendly place to eat.  Comfort food!

Since the first time Mr. Camel took me there, I was hooked!  And it just happened to be across the street from the hospital Destini was born in and the offices of the OB/GYN who delivered her, so it was convenient.  I looked forward to her OBY/GYN appointments because I knew that meant we would be eating at 5th Avenue Cafe!
It's not the biggest place inside, a little bigger than what the picture shows.  Also, off to the side is another small room with tables and a small room in the back with seating as well.  TVs at every corner so one is always facing you! And an open bar, if you're just interested in drinks!


It's in midtown Phoenix, mostly they cater to the St. Joseph's Hospital staff, doctors, nurses, downtown lawyers, etc.  They are always busy! Reservations can be made!  By the way, they are only open until about 2:30 p.m.  They are NOT open for dinner.

I cannot even begin to tell you the numerous times we have eaten there! I've had a wide variety on their menu including their salads to breakfast to a burger!  It's the MOSTEST! Especially the breakfast.  And soooo much food on your plate!  The pancakes are to die for (Destini's favorite)!


UMMM, elbows off the table please!

(Note my "to-go" Mr. Pibb...I'm an addict)
(Also, note all the biz cards laminated under the table tops, how cool)



If you live in Phoenix or in the Valley, I highly recommend you check it out! If you are thinking of passing through or coming to Phoenix, I suggest you at least have breakfast here!

No comments:

Post a Comment