JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Retro wifey, mommy to a princess, editor, PETA fanatic, and I Love Lucy!

Friday, April 29, 2011

INTRODUCING THE DUKE AND DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE


I love weddings!!  I mean, I really love weddings!  I love to be in a wedding, I love to attend a wedding, and I love to watch a wedding if it's televised.  Especially royalty!  Perhaps us Americans are so intrigued with royalty because we don't have royalty in our country.  Oh sure we call a diva, "Hollywood Royalty," but it certainly is NOT even close to real royalty! 

Thirty years ago (1981), when I was 16 years old....YES, I can remember it like it was yesterday.  The long anticipated wedding day of Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer (Princess Diana).


Back then, and probably yet still today, that has to be one of the MOST extragavant weddings I had ever seen with my own eyes.  At the time, you certainly don't think it is "overdone" by any means.  Every girl dreams of their wedding day, and to look like a "princess."  Diana WAS and WILL always be MY princess. 

But now, 30 years later, as Princess Di's eldest son has taken a wife, I think Kate too will be a leader like her mother-in-law!  I believe William has made a fine choice for a wife.  She couldn't be more elegant, graceful, beautiful, and quite shy like Princess Di. 




I think Diana would have LOVED Kate!!

It definitely was "fitting" that William would give Kate, his bride to be, his mother's engagement ring.  I think that symbolizes keeping his mother's memory alive, and I believe she would have wanted him to give it to the love of his life.
After watching William and Kate's wedding this morning, I have to say...WOW!  They kept it much more simple than 30 years ago, when his parents married, yet elegance at its finest!  She was stunning in her dress!  William was handsome in uniform!  I noticed some similarities in "tradition," however.
 THE BALCONY KISS



 THE CARRIAGE RIDE TO BUCKINGHAM PALACE


Today, however, was about the "Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!"  How exciting from start to finish, from their arrival to their departure, oh and the wedding in-between!  Here are some fav pics of mine!

THEIR ARRIVALS TO THE WEDDING
THE BRIDE AND BEAUTIFUL SIS...
THE GROOM AND HIS HANDSOME BRO (HARRY)


HERE WE GO.....

DAD GIVING HIS DAUGHTER AWAY TO A PRINCE!

THE WEDDING!!!!



MARRIED!
IN AWE OF THE CROWD...

STEALING A SECOND KISS....AWWW
OFF TO THE RECEPTION AT THE PALACE
THE ROYAL CAKE!
OFF TO HONEYMOON....




CONGRATULATIONS
WILLIAM AND KATE!!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment