JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Retro wifey, mommy to a princess, editor, PETA fanatic, and I Love Lucy!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

MEN men men men, MANLY men men men....



Because I am sooooooo "Hollywood"....lol....okay, rather because I am "star struck," I just have to chime in on my thoughts about Two and a Half Men, Charlie Sheen, and the future of the show.

There have been eight seasons of Two and a Half Men, and two additional seasons were to come.  Now, however, CBS has decided to end production for the rest of the eighth season due to Charlie's comments, his rants, his raves, and his out-of-control behavior.  As of March 7, 2011, the network has not made a decision on the shows future after Charlie was FIRED from Warner Bros. this week.

As a super HUGE fan from the beginning of the show (I think that was 2003), and when the show started in the first place, it was NEVER so much about Charlie as much as it was about Angus T. Jones (Jake)


As the story lines progressed, the seasons continued, the show ended up being about the ENTIRE cast as a WHOLE!


Every actor and actress on the show played a significant part in the success of the show.  I for one ALWAYS looked forward to Monday night, 8pm, CBS, Two and a Half Men.  I have NEVER missed an episode in eight years!! 


Charlie is a hedonistic, jingle-writing, rich womanizing drunken whore on the show.  We watch it because it's darn funny, not because you wish your daughter was dating someone like him, that's for sure!

Unfortunately, his character is not too far off from his real life.  This isn't NEW news about Charlie Sheen! 

Charlie Sheen lives his life "on" camera the way he lives his life "off" camera.  


First let me admit, that I do follow Charlie on ustream, twitter, the news, etc.  No, not because I am all about #WINNING, but because one almost cannot help but watch a train wreck right in your face, especially when it is someone you grew up watching on the movie screen and TV.  We have always forgiven Charlie for his sins that the media blasts him for, I guess because he's Charlie!  I don't know...#TIGERBLOOD?

As far his personal life, I don't know the man.  I see for myself what has become of him, only in front of a camera.  But it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out what is going on here.....ADDICTION!

I think Charlie is ADDICTED to sex, drugs, alcohol, fame, and money!  Somewhere along the way he forgot who Carlos Irwin Estevez (Charlie) is.  Charlie comes from a working Hollywood family who he is embarrassing and obviously doesn't care....#NOTWINNING!


Though I originally started this blog today about Charlie and his disappointing millions of fans of the show, it really got me to thinking about ALL those people who have family that have been affected by ADDICTION!  Because when you're an addict, your WHOLE family suffers from your addiction.  Someone very, very close to me grew up around this type of addiction with her mother and for as long as I have known her, she has suffered just as much as the ADDICT! 

It's such ashame, a down right sadness in my heart what is going on with Charlie, the cast, the crew, the fans, CBS, Warner Bros., and especially Charlie's family!  Your children who will watch you self-destruct, your siblings who are hurting more than you know, your parents who perhaps may have to bury their son sooner than later (and, as Bill Cosby once said, "NO PARENT SHOULD HAVE TO BURY THEIR CHILD").  I wish the BEST for Charlie and hope he gets that much needed help!  I also wish for the show to go on, with or without Charlie.  It would be unfair to the fans who love ALL the characters for us not to get that from CBS.  We DESERVE to get to finish out the season, at the very least!!  #FANSNOTWINNING!

WARNING!! EXPLICIT LANGUAGE!!








No comments:

Post a Comment