JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Retro wifey, mommy to a princess, editor, PETA fanatic, and I Love Lucy!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR SUPERBOWL XLV?


Green Bay Packers -vs- Pittsburgh Steelers
2011

Well MY team (AZ Cardinals) is not in the Super Bowl this year, so I have decided I will be shopping this year on Super Bowl day.  For the first year, we won't be cooking or BBQ'in at our house.  I told hubby, "find somewhere to go this year if you so choose."  Not that this will be a problem for him, he's got a few offers on the table!  I just decided I don't want to cook, I don't want to plan.  Now don't misunderstand, I will still make it home in time to watch a minute or two, or three of the game; ok, probably the whole game.  I do like the commercials, and especially the half time shows.  This year it's Fergie Ferg and the gang:



I'm not crazy about either team this year, but I just cannot find myself rooting for the Steelers since they robbed my Cardinals and all last year of the Title!  Let's not go there...

Then again, I don't really care much about Green Bay either!

I know, I know the Super Bowl is like a "holiday" in America, but I've decided to break tradition this year for me.  So like I said, I'm going shopping and not planning on slaving in the kitchen for a day, when I don't care who wins either way...



GOOD LUCK FELLA'S, MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN!

I think I will leave all you football fans out there with one of my dad's "all time" favorite football jokes:  


"HALFTIME - SWITCH SIDES"
A man and his wife have gone to bed.  After laying in bed for a few minutes the man cuts a fart. His wife rolls over and asks, "What in the world was that?"

The man says, "Touchdown, I'm ahead, 7 to nothing."

A few minutes later the wife lets one loose.  The man says to her, "What was that?"

She replies, "Touchdown, tie score!"

The man lays there for about 10 minutes trying to work one up.  He tries so hard that he poops all over the bed.

The wife asks, "Now what in the world was that?" He replies, "Half time. Switch sides!!"


Happy Super Bowl XLV Dolls!!




No comments:

Post a Comment