JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Retro wifey, mommy to a princess, editor, PETA fanatic, and I Love Lucy!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

A LETTER TO DESTINI....ON YOUR FIRST BIRTHDAY!




Dear Destini:

You're one years old, your a big girl now!  To say "I love you" is an understatement.  Before you were even born, you were loved, you were wanted, you stole my heart. 

I can’t believe you just turned one this past Sunday.  In some ways it feels like just yesterday I saw your beautiful little face for the first time, and in other ways it seems like you’ve always been a part of my life, a part of me. 

Over the last year I’ve watched you grow from this tiny new life to this sweet, curious, smart baby girl that you are.  I’ve watched you learn so much this first year of your life- how to roll over, crawl, hold your baba, sit up, splash in the bathtub, babble, and shake your groove thang (dance)! 

But, I’ve learned even more about myself this last year.  I’ve discovered that the heart truly knows no bounds, that love is infinite, and that I have more strength and patience than I have ever known.  The diapers and late nights are a very small price to pay to hold you in my arms everyday.

This year has not been without its trials, and you will never know how hard I fought for you to be with me.  I need you to know that it is because of everything you are, and will be, that I fight so hard for you.  When you crossed my path, I knew from the start we were "soul sistas" and you were meant to be the biggest part of my life and that you would have the biggest impact on my life that I would ever endure.   

Before you came along, I really thought the pages in my book were finished.  You have given me a reason to make sure that there are a whole lot more chapters in my life and that you will always keep me young.  You have awakened another level of being me.  You made me think about life in a different perspective.  You made me think about life beyond my own and its consequences.

For the rest of my life, I will always be there to hold your hand, wipe your tears away, make sure you know how loved and how proud of you I am.  Watching you grow and learn is the greatest gift for me, and I look forward to exploring everything with you in the future as you continue your learning experience in this big old world.  Forever I will protect you and forever I will support you in whatever you do. 

Tomorrow is a brand new day and I can't wait to see what new things you have in store.  I look forward to every day with you.

I LOVE YOU, 
Mommy


HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL
Destini's first year....



No comments:

Post a Comment