JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Retro wifey, mommy to a princess, editor, PETA fanatic, and I Love Lucy!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I'VE BEEN A BUSY BUSY GIRL

I mean seriously, I am not even sure if I took a shower yesterday or not....I know ewwwwwww.  I am not sure what the baby ate for dinner last night....but I know I fed her.  I am not sure if it's noon or midnight or even when to sleep...but I know it feels like a long time since I hit the bed and pillow without an interruption of some sort.  I am TIRED!
It's just been one thing after another around here since last month, some MAJOR good, some minor bad, some unexpected faces and voices, some in-law drama, a broken toe...I think ya'll get the picture. 

Since I have NO social life whatsoever, I have to thank Facebook again for keeping me sane through it all.  I have some of the GREATEST people on my Facebook that are so genuine and certainly care about Judy as much as I care about them.  You all know exactly who you are.  I'm overwhelmed with joy when someone reaches out for advice from "Dear Judy," or when someone just needs to vent about some personal issues.  We cannot always share all of our personal life on Facebook, and I appreciate those who listen to me privately and I love when I get a private message needing a little piece of Judy in return.  Without you all, I swear I would be in a rubber room somewhere.  

We had an unexpected call and then a visitor at our door this last week.  A blast from the past.  He's an old friend of ours.  We call him Stevie P.  I don't know why we put the emphasis on the "P", we just do...LOL.  We never just call him Stevie or Steve, it's always Stevie P.  Since I don't want to put his personal life out there, suffice to say that he needed to "get away" for a few days until things at home "cooled" down a bit.  It was fun to see him again, and to meet his extremely interesting girlfriend who is a doctor!  Her and I had a lot in common and it was fun to meet her.  I hope the best for those two.  While he stayed with us a few days, Bug and I learned some things NEVER change about Stevie P. since we met him 12 years ago.  He ALWAYS has the phone in his ear......ALWAYS!!



I had a day planned last weekend with my BESTIES for a pedi and lunch.  It seems like there was so much leading up to that day that was going to prevent me from attending.  NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT! I needed that time with my besties to get away from babyland, hubbyland, and homeland.  I love my home and family, but I just needed a "me" minute.  Ya'll understand.  Well I guess the biggest hold up was the fact that I broke my toe on a chair in Destini's room the day before.  Solid wood chair!  It hurt so bad I cried!  There is nothing you can do about a broken toe, it just has to heal with time.  How ugly is a crooked unpedicured toe?


Me and the Bugster met up with Tony for "lunner" (that's part lunch/part dinner) at Coco's last week.  We kinda picked on the waitress a little bit because she was sorta snobby, she acted like she had a chip on her shoulder.  She acted like she didn't really want to be bothered with us...What's the matter haven't you ever seen a gay man, a black man, and a white woman before?  She really didn't like it when I ordered the baby some spaghetti (kids eat free).  I think she didn't think the baby would eat it....SHE FOOLED YOU LADY WAITRESS! 
No matter how bad the service was though, we are still good tippers.  I believe in that!



I should tell you that hubby has been on a diet.  He's really cut out on his scooby snacking and eating at a drive-thru everyday while working.  He has lost probably about 25 pounds so far.  I can see it in his belly, but also really in his face.                       
                                                           I LOVE MY BIG DADDY♥

We caught up with some other friends of ours a couple of weeks ago too, TJ, Chris, and their son, Anthony.  I have known Chris since he was 7 or 8 years old.  He is 33 now.  He is my nephew's BFF.  Chris is pretty much my nephew too.  I have always been "Aunt Judy" to him.  I am proud to say!   He has been married to TJ for like ever, and they have one child, Anthony.  They are FAMILY and we love when they come around.  We don't see each other as often as we should. 

TJ AND CHRIS
CHRIS AND ANTHONY
TJ AND DESI CHILLIN AT MY SISTER'S

I am NOT Smarter Than A Fifth Grader NOR am I Stronger Than An Infant.  I'll explain:  As a transcriptionist, I spell for a living.  I spell words like hepatosplenomegaly and electroencephalography every day.  Just comes natural, my fingers just flow on the keyboard when you have typed those words for over 15 years, but let me get to a word like niece or deceive or receipt, I will spell them wrong first go round every time.  I was never good at the "i before e except after c" thingy.  Thank goodness for spell checker, but this bothers me.  These are like 5th and 6th grade words.  I know I'm not an idiot, but obviously my brain didn't retain all that information in 5th grade.  Makes a strong argument for Destini one day when she says, "why do I have to learn this stuff, who remembers what they did in 5th grade?"  OUCH!  Hope when she grows up she don't read this blog.  If you are reading it....YES DESTINI, YOU WILL HAVE TO GO TO 5TH GRADE, DON'T ASK!

Now about me not being Stronger Than An Infant.  I was trying to unhook Destini's padding that goes on her swing...I was taking it off to put it in the washing machine.  The hook was on there good let me tell you, it just would not budge for me.  I remember watching Bug do it once before and he didn't make it look so hard (of course he can bench press 425 pounds too...no for realz).  I was sitting on the floor in her room and she was sitting on the floor with me watching my every move.  This baby reaches her hand up and hits the corner of the hook just in the right spot and snap, it came undone.  Are you kidding me?  I broke a sweat trying to get that thing off!  I musta loosened it for her.....just humor me here : /


I always brag about Schwan's Foods, as you know.  I decided to try their already made Italian meatballs.  Yeah I still think my own recipe is better, but this is a great great substitute...and a whole lot quicker.  From frozen straight to the oven, bake for 25 minutes.  I made my own marinara sauce using a can of stewed tomatoes, two cans of tomato sauce, and 1 can of tomato paste, an onion, a green pepper, a lot of water, some Italian dry spices, oh and I added the leftover grease from the meatballs (it wasn't much, but those drippings are good flavor).  The longer you cook your sauce, the better it tastes.  At the end, I added fresh basil...YUM!


I actually made it the first night for a spaghetti:

I froze the leftovers and will take them out later for meatball subs.  GREAT IDEA!


To make it a total Schwan's night, I bought an apple strudel (frozen), baked for 40 minutes, and we had a great dessert to go along with our pasta!  Hubby ate two pieces, I guess he liked it ☺

Stay tuned, I have a special blog just for Destini that I am putting together.  I cannot believe how big she has gotten and how much our lives have changed since she came along....

No comments:

Post a Comment