JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Retro wifey, mommy to a princess, editor, PETA fanatic, and I Love Lucy!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

BILL COLLECTORS (warning explicit language) - MY VACATION THROUGH GREG'S LENS - KITCHEN NAZI - LONG HAIR AND SHORT HAIR - SONIC ICE - AND OF COURSE, DESI!

BILL COLLECTORS

When I was growing up, we NEVER had a bill collector call our house.  There were a lot of things my parents taught my sister, brother and I; most importantly, we were shown by example about paying your bills on time and the importance of credit and its usage.  People hit hard times, understandable.  But what about people who just "on purpose" know they NEVER have any intention of paying that bill before they even make it.  That's SO NOT ATTRACTIVE!

Over the span of years, the majority of my husband's family has lived with us at some point or another.  Some only stayed a couple of days, some stayed a couple of weeks, some stayed for a month, and others stayed until they flat wore out their welcome!

I don't mind helping people out, until you begin to know you are being fully taken advantage of.  I am not as kind-hearted by nature as Junebug is regarding the plight of his family.  I grew up in a family where friends and loved ones came to visit from out of town for a week or two, or just stayed for a weekend perhaps...but NEVER did anyone ever live with us.  Junebug, however, comes from a "different world" than I do.  He had lots of brothers, a sister, a mom, plenty of step-father's, cousins, uncles, aunts, friends, and friends of friends who lived with them their whole life.  I am not used to that!  Again, I am not blind to people's plight and the fact that people do fall on hard times.  To give credit where credit is due, not ALL of Junebug's family that came to stay here intended to "use" us, they really did get a job immediately and got their own apartments.  So with that said, lets talk about the ones who mooch, mooch, mooch.

I guess the way I was raised, I just could never even imagine going to someone elses home and treating it as a, "oh well, ain't mine, don't have to respect it or you" type attitude.  Rude, NO manners, break shit, borrow shit, steal shit.  Is this an ongoing fight between me and Bug, you betcha it is!!!  I feel like his family is draining to him.  His motto about his family has always been "I can fix it, I can fix them."  None of them have his character, strength or decency.  He must be like "his" father; his mother ran him off when Bug was 3, but I've heard stories that he was a good man!

Without fail, whoever comes to stay here, don't matter if it was a week or a month, they use our address and home phone number for EVERYTHING!  They go out and run up hospital bills, car payments, cell phones, IRS, evictions from old apartments, and who freakin knows what else....BUT NEVER PAY...NEVER had any intention of paying!  Enter the bill collectors calling MY HOUSE!

Now if you have ever in your life had a bill collector call you, it's not pretty.  First of all, the person they want isn't gonna be me or Bug, so we always start off with kindness and let them know we are not that person, that person does not reside here, did temporarily live here (but NEVER again).  That is not satisfactory to a bill collector, however.  So, now we have to get a little higher toned in our voice with the bill collector, yet still with some politeness.  I am happy to give you what information I know about where you might find that specific person, BUT AGAIN...bill collectors still believe you are lying to them and that in fact YOU are that person they are looking for.  I have had a few of these collection agencies that will take the information and say, "sorry to have bothered you."  BUT MOST DON'T!

I, in fact, recently had an attorney call my home.  He told me the name of the person he was looking for, who is one of my husband's family members.  I told him that person no longer lives in my home.  He then went on to tell me more information about myself and Junebug than someone who had our credit file sitting in front of them could have known about me and my husband's personal information!!!!!!  He knew where we worked, how long we've owned our home, just really super personal information.  I immediately was furious!  I wanted to know what we had to do with any of her BULLSHIT past due bills and evictions!  I immediately told him I would be reporting his law firm to the county attorney's office.  NOW the tables were turned.  He had a whole different 'tude after that with me.  He explained to me that he in fact did do a background check on a website regarding me and my husband.  Legal, I know!

After a lot of back and forth, he apologized.  I didn't accept.  Sneaky tactics!  You want me to prove to you who I am and that I am not her?  Are you kidding me?  I was hot under the collar, still bitchin about it today as you can see, and this happened 3 weeks ago!  I received a letter in the mail (I mean after all he had my address too) from the attorney 2 days after our phone conversation, with another apology.  I didn't follow through with calling the county attorney, only because these websites offer information about you whether you like it or not.  Bummer for us who pay our bills...

Thought I'd add a little "funny" from back in the day about bill collectors:




MY VACATION THROUGH GREG'S LENS

This is my second year in a row that I won't be going on a vacation!  Between downtime with my work and hubby's work, the added expenses of the house, the not knowing how long Desi Doo will be here, etc. etc, we will be putting off yet another vacation.  Heck, we won't even be looking at a weekend-getaway anytime soon :(((  I am a miser like that :((((

On the up side, my wonderful, wonderful friend Greg shares all his beautiful photos with me and I kinda live in his pictures for the moment and wish I was there to see these beautiful things that he sees.  So since he gave me permission (thanks Greggers), I'd like to share with you some of his great photos he has shot over the seasons.  He lives in Iowa.  When you live out in the wild, wild west, as I do, these pictures are like being on vacation to me.  Please click on each and every one to enlarge them so you get the full beauty in each and every one of his shots.  I hope you enjoy these as much as I do, and Greg, keep em comin...


















FRANKIE...GREG'S BUDDY


MEET GREGGERS


KITCHEN NAZI

I, key word....I, I, I wanted to make homemade Chinese food this past weekend.  I spent hours of research perfecting exactly what I wanted to do and how I would take a few recipes and put them together.  I needed a few extra things from the grocery store, but the baby was extremely fussy Saturday and I just didn't feel like taking her out in the hot sun to go to the store by myself.  I waited for hubby to get home from work and we went together and got what else I needed. 

When we came home, he unloaded the groceries, I took the baby to her room for a booty change.  I mean that takes all of 3 minutes.

I get to the kitchen, the wok is out, the Ginsu knives are flyin in action, pots boiling.  I said, "hey what are you doing?"  He said he thought he would help.  I told him he didn't know what I was going to do and YOU are chopping the veggies wrong.  He said, "I want to make it."  WTHeck?  This wasn't your idea bro, it was mine.  I stormed outta the kitchen and went and layed down on my bed in front of my 52" screen and vegged out.  I was mad.  He didn't stop though, he kept cooking; and periodically throughout he was texting me pics of the food.  I texted him back and said,  ewwwwww grosssssss! HA HA!

When he got done and brought me a plate, after he took pics of course (he knew I would be blogging), it was DELICIOUS, but I wasn't gonna tell him that, not right away anyway.  I set my plate down and when he walked out of the room, I took a bite, 2 bites, 3 bites...he came back in the room and BUSTED ME enjoying it to the fullest.  He said, ah ha, "KITCHEN NAZI!"  It's true, I don't think anybody can do it better than me in my OWN kitchen.  I was impressed, but still I would have done a few things differently.  And I was actually going to make him shrimp too, but he didn't make it.

The good news is, he took pictures.  The bad news is, he hasn't even a sort of a clue to tell you a recipe on how to make it.  He just took a bunch of ingredients andrned it all into this...















LONG HAIR AND SHORT HAIR

My whole life, except for my Sophomore year in high school, I have had long hair. When I did cut it my Sophomore year, my father hated it!  I used to threaten for years after growing it back that I was going to chop it off again.  My dad would always say, "don't come home then."  No he wasn't serious, that was just his way of saying to me...HE WOULDN'T LIKE IT IF I DID!  After he died, I was going to cut my hair.  Now my mom chimed in.  "Don't do it, you will be sorry, blah, blah, blah."  Did I listen, YES!  Here are some snapshots over the years...


Hubby has this pic tattooed on his arm...ooh la la♥





When mom got sick, I took leave of absence from my job to care for her.  I found caring for someone with dementia was like running a daycare center.  You MUST be on your toes at all times.  I would always put my hair up in a ponytail everyday (I called em my ponies) because I flat didn't have time to care for my hair.  I made a vow to myself a month before mom passed that I was going to cut all my hair off when she left this earth for heaven.  Possibly a "release" for me in some respects.  Sounds weird, I know.

I lived up to my vow and I did cut my hair off.  I have been happy ever since I did.  It's easier to care for that's for sure.  I don't miss my long hair, but hubby does...hee hee! 
Here are a few snapshots with my short hair and who I am now...


Me and Auntie Big Lois
Tryin to be cool and take my own pic

SONIC ICE


I forgot to tell you all that I have another monkey on my back!  Well, not so much as a monkey anymore as much as I think it is an OCD thing maybe.  I am fanatic about my Sonic ice.  I WILL NOT buy any other ice.  Oh yes indeedily doo, they sell their ice by the bags.  I found if you put it in the DEEP freezer, it hardens too much and just not the same.  So I can only buy a bag, or sometimes 2 at a time depending on the room I have in my refrigerator freezer. 


I am also OCD about Styrofoam cups as well. I am sorry and I don't care what you say, a soda, tea or anything beverage for that matter only tastes good in a Styrofoam cup and with Sonic ice. I NEVER drink from a glass at home! I stock up on my Styrofoam cups when I go to Smart & Final...Yes, my husband thinks I am NUTSO!  He uses our glassware...whateva's cleva for you homeslice!



DESI DOO

I would be remiss if I didn't mention her! On the other hand, I sometimes feel like the "I Love Lucy" episode when Lucy and Ricky try not to brag about little Ricky so much and try not to show off his pictures.  Of course it didn't work on the show, and it certainly doesn't apply here either.  I cannot help myself! She is babbling away these days and if you babble back with her, she will get louder and louder and louder, until we are both screaming at the top of our lungs.  I don't know what we're sayin, but she sure thinks it's funny.  I am going to try to record some of that this weekend.

Always on the move...






Follows me everywhere I go...


I ♥ feetie jammies



Watchin Surfs Up with Big Daddy...
Speaks for itself....

SIDEBAR:  WE SAW THE MOVIE GROWN-UPS THIS PAST WEEKEND.....DARN FUNNY!

No comments:

Post a Comment