JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

About Me

My photo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Retro wifey, mommy to a princess, editor, PETA fanatic, and I Love Lucy!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

Hello my fellow bloggers and followers. My name is Judy. I live in Phoenix, Arizona with my husband, Ernest; but from here on out, I will be referring to him as "the hubby," Junebug, or BASTARDO - I kid, I kid.....He is the love of the my life, I am so LUCKY to have someone who loves me as much as he does. He, however, can wear on my nerves like nobody can ♥ YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.... Next, our little family consists of 3 kitty cats...Sadie, Muffy (riding the stripper pole, as hubby calls it), and Mini Me.... The 5 of us live in my childhood home. Now don't get me wrong, I have moved away from home and said, "NEVER to return, oooooh YUK it's beneath me. Well, I learned, NEVER SAY NEVER...

When my father died in 2001 (just 6 months shy of my parents 50th wedding anniversary), it was obvious that she could not be alone and it was also VERY OBVIOUS that she was not going to move away from HER home! Can't argue with mom cuz she'll always win, and SHE DID...
Moved home with the intention of, "it's just temporary," we can do this. One year turned into two, turned into three, etc., etc. Mom was subsequently diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 2007, and succumbed to her disease in 2008. The longer I stayed, the more sentimental this house became to me. But still I was thinking, it's absurd, who still has the same home phone number their whole life and lives in their old 'hood? Yes, our neighborhood has certainly had its deterioration over the years, but now it's personal and emotional for me to STAY....
After mom died, my sister seemed to have the same "epiphany" that I had, so she bought the house across the street - VOI LA.... Sooooo, I started this blog for a few reasons... One, I really like to write. Second, whose life isn't so full of love, joy, ups, downs, and all the in-betweens. Why not write about it...it's cathartic they say. I love to cook so I will be sharing some new recipes, as well as some "oldies" from my mom and my aunt who were the BEST COOKS IN THE WORLD! And last but not least....my husband and I are beginning a journey in our lives that is very "unknown" and very "interesting" as we begin this process. We, unfortunately, have no children. We have traveled the road of dealing with infertility, miscarriage, adoption - still with no baby. Feeling very hopeless for the last year and trying to come to terms with maybe NOT ever having the one thing in life that I know is the best gift from God, we have decided to proceed with in-vitro fertilization. It's a very costly process, to say the least!! It's also a very slow process. There are obstacles, medical issues of my own. I had leukemia (still monitored by my oncologist, you never really escape it), so of course high risk pregnancy written all over me! Also, I have major back problems and blood clotting issues, so again monitoring, monitoring, monitoring! I hope you will follow along with me in this new and interesting experience in my life, it is sure to be a rollercoaster ride...BUT THE END RESULT COULD BE PRICELESS...

3 comments:

  1. Nice blog Judy. I love the house pics, reminds me of the good ol' days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really cool. You are not the only one that is still in your childhood home in the hood. My brother has not moved from the house we lived in from 1966. My folks moved back to the east coast in the mid 80s (job placements) and he took over the house, married a gal from the same class at maryvale and is raising his four kids near Camelback and 55th. Same phone number some of the same furnature. He has done allot of remodeling but it is still our home whenever we all get together. nostalgic and sad all in one breath. I do hope that this trip down the baby path gives you all that you hope for. Having a child that you created is one of the greatest treasure we have. I look forward to keeping up with your blog and look foward to your posts of the new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Philly you need to put American or cheese-wiz on the sammie. You also have to say wit or wit-out when ordering your sammie. These look absolutely nummy. My daughter and I ate at Pats in south Philly the day he died. He invented the sandwich.

    ReplyDelete